Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Blog Post 2

MS word has been mostly beneficial to me in my academic writing. The formatting, spelling, and grammar check make it easy for me to only worry about the contents of my paper. I have occasionally  used it in my technology classes or my computer literacy classes to show proficiency in MS word with features other than that of writing. My teachers did not use MS word much unless they used it to create a document that they later printed out for us to have. In my intro to education class when I would go observe teachers I noticed that teachers will use MS word and project it onto their smart board so they are able to post directions and change things on the board without having to go to the computer. It seems like a convenient method to present things and is something that I would use in my classroom.
I took English Comp 2 last fall semester and the main issue that we discussed was originality and if anything was truly original. We came consensus that nothing was original but then that brought up the issue of copyright and whether or not it was even valid if we take everything from something. Regardless everything that we as students write should have citations or bibliographies but there has  never been much of an emphasis on citing graphics or pictures. As a teacher I plan on explaining to my students plagiarism and the importance of not taking credit for another persons work. I also plan to emphasize citations in all academic work.
I have always been an avid Twitter user but what some people don't appreciate about it is the aspect of communication. Most people just go on Twitter to follow celebrities and their friends but outside of that there is a real network of people putting themselves out there, communicating their ambition to the world and making connections with others that can make this happen. I plan to be a French teacher and I still haven't decided whether I want to do public school or some kind of private tutoring but a way in which I can use Twitter in either aspect is using it as a communication base with my students. They will be getting constant updates on things involving the classroom and assignment. Its a good way to keep everyone up to date.

No comments:

Post a Comment