Tuesday, September 15, 2015

blog post 3

To do a visual critique of tumblr.com is special because one has to consider the two different types of people that go on tumblr. Overall tumblr has useful features like the search bar at the top which is always available, the post are in linear order, and the useful feature of the recommended blogs on the left hand side which is catered to specific people. All of these elements are visually pleasing and have a purpose. At the top right corner there is a line of symbols which look really cool but for a inexperienced tumblr user is somewhat confusing like the lightning symbol, it does really give much of a clue as to what it's for. On the right hand side there is also the Radar section which is kind of like an ad. Most people agree that ads are useless clutter and that is correct in this situation. Overall tumblr is not too overcrowded and has a great general layout where everything can be found on the main page.

In my career as a teacher I can use infographics and videos in many ways. I can use videos primarily to show outside content in French. A major struggle that students have when using their linguistics skills outside of the classroom is they understand accents other than their teacher so exposure to accents in the form of videos enhances a students listening skills. They're also fun to watch and good break form regular classwork. The use of infographics is a good way to show the class and the administrators progress. The information presented on them can also be useful to show information regarding different french countries.
The newsletter design assignment was an interesting one because it wasn't the first time I had to create a document with different elements other than a basic academic essay but it was the most elaborate one that I have done. One of the new things I learned was how to use template. I am used to creating works with a blank document but for this assignment I decided to use a template so I learned how to manipulate the elements already provided for me. A challenge that I had in this assignment was the way my textbox and pictures were layering. Because of this I figured out how to use the reorder feature which I thought was really interesting and helped my newsletter look more together.



No comments:

Post a Comment