Sunday, October 25, 2015

Blog Post 6

No matter what age or grade level teachers maintaining a class website is always useful. During a students younger years parents are very interested in what their child is learning and how they're progressing and maintaining a website is avery good way to keep parents updated even if the students won't get any use out of it. In the later years of public education teachers should maintain a website specifically for their students. It is a good way to keep students on track by providing resources and keeping them updated on homework, tests, and events. Maintaining a course website is worth the effort because that way students and parents can never say they "didn't know".
As a future teacher I feel like I would constantly want visuals for my students. Using technology in the classroom allows me to have that consistent flow of information available to my students. I can use a course website as I said before to keep my students updated and on track. I can also use them to upload external resources and any material that I use in class such as PowerPoints and videos. In class I can use Elmo's to display a worksheet that we're doing in class or I can use it to display a bigger concept something that can't be shown on a board. Smart boards are also useful in class because it can be used interactively between teachers and student.
The Web Evaluation Wiki was an easy assignment but the formatting of the Wiki interface on google was hard to use. Ive used wikis before that are not on google that were easier to use because everything was easily changeable whereas in the google wiki it was hard to get rid of the things I didn't want on the template. The web evaluation itself was easy to use and understand and it gave me a greater understanding of how I will pick and choose the websites I present in class in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment