Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Blog Post 8

Some of the advantages of using presentation software in K-12 classrooms are that they are easy to use, make, and follow by students and teachers alike. This can also be a disadvantage because easiness makes it easier for teaches to fall into the pattern of using them everyday which gets boring. The monotony of these presentations may actually hinder the development of students as students need constant variety to be interested in a subject.
In terms of the digital divide I would be on the side that has been constantly surrounded by technology. From a very young age I've had computer and internet access. As I got older and technology advanced so did my technological equipment. I've always had the latest phones and laptops for academic and personal use. Even without these things I went to a school that had a sufficient open access system with the many computer labs they had available. Because I want to be a French teacher I don't think it'll be too big of a problem having a classroom in which the students are part of the digital divide in which they don't have internet readily accessible to them. I feel as long I have proper technology for myself in my classroom then I can accommodate the kind of work I give out to not hinder the less fortunate students. I can do this by focusing on more book work when it comes to homework and focusing classroom time to the things that might enhance their knowledge from online resources.  
One of the main issues concerning educational technology today is the problem of funding. While there has been much research and innovation concerning technology in classrooms there has not been an equal fervor for implementation. While some states like Illinois dump tons of money into making sure all their schools have the proper technology other states have not been concerned with the importance and benefits that technology brings to the classroom. One of the questions I ask myself is why these states aren't on the same page when it comes to funding technology and why there isn't a nation standard for the required amount of technology in each school and classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment