Monday, November 16, 2015

Blog Post 9

There are many ways I can integrate peripherals and non-computer audio-visual technologies in my classroom. One of these ways includes using cameras in the classroom, preferably one that records. The main use of this would be to records my lectures in class. I can combine the use of cameras to computer based technologies by uploading the videos to the computer and allowing my students access to them either through a youtube account or a class website. Some peripherals that I can use in the classroom include all of the components of a computer so they can function properly. I can also add printers so I can always have the opportunity to give paper copies to the students that prefer them.
The website for the Goethe Institute, https://www.goethe.de/en/index.html offers many resources for both teacher and student. The Goethe Institute offers all kinds of information on Germany; the language, its culture, articles related to it, and opportunities for both teachers and students. Overall the website is credible. The Goethe Institute has many recognized locations in Europe. The articles are current and have listed authors with their contact information. With an evaluation like the one from one of our previous assignments it would get a good rating.
As someone looking forward to being a foreign language teacher for upper-level students I found this website to be very useful. There are many resources for current events that I can present to my students to keep them up to date with relevant information. There are e-learning resources that students can use and that I can as well. There are also exams that students can use as a study resource.
I enjoyed the assignment PowerPoint for Information Dissemination because it was the first time I had ever built any kind of lesson plan and I did it in my favorite subject. It really made me feel like a teacher and reassured me that education is still the track that I want to pursue. I have used PowerPoint so I already knew most of the basic skills that were required to make this. Something new that I learned was the use of sound and the background lecture that I was given. Learning these new skills will be useful for when I post powerpoints and additional lecture material on class website so my students always have access to this material.

No comments:

Post a Comment