Data collection tools are very useful for teachers to keep track of how theirs students are progressing, or digressing. I want to be a French teacher to 10th or 11th graders in high school. Keeping track of their average homework and tests grades will allow me to better understand where they are struggling so that I know what to spend more time on in the future. If I were to be a math teacher, any kind of math teacher, data collection tools would be useful to both teacher and student in which they can collect real life data and use it to solve math problems. It's very practical in its application in a math classroom.
In my classmates blogs I found interesting the ways in which they would use certain technologies in their classrooms. They came up with many new ideas that I had not thought of and that I'll be sure to think about when I have my own classroom. Some of the things I read were related to the use of non-computer technologies and the use of different tools that we've learned and used in class. Something else that I saw that was interesting was how they reviewed the assignments that we've done in class.
A technological skill that I would like to learn is image editing tools like photoshop and video editing tools like iMovie or something like that. I find those tools incredibly interesting. Ive worked with iMovie before and I had a lot of fun with them. I think that once I learn how to fully master these tools that I'll be able to teach them to my students and could possibly make it as a fun project they can do.
At this point there is not a lot I can do to reach my technology goals. All I can do now is continue to use the tools that I've learned in class so that I'm constantly up to date with it and not having to relearn it. It all depends on what school I end up in. If I'm in a school with little technology there isn't much that I would have to learn but I would need to learn how to take initiative with programs that would allow more technology in my school. If my school has all windows systems I would need to learn how to maneuver that better because I'm very used to the interface of Apple computers.

No comments:
Post a Comment